Wednesday, March 12, 2014

What Next?

Well, I have fallen a draft behind, so it is time to re-optimize, as it were. I still need two more drafts, I think, but I am not yet ready to extend the timeline for this project. So, I need a short fuse for Draft Three(a) to appear: I'll go with Friday, March 21, and keep  Draft Four(a) scheduled for Thursday, April 3. Despite my recent lack-of-performance, I maintain that this schedule is doable.

Draft Two(a), including the partial references that I did not post, is roughly 6,100 words. This is good, as it gives me some room to work with, as the final version should come in at about 8,000 words.

Having fallen behind, at least let me mention that I did indeed accomplish my modest reading goal of finishing David Nutt's Drugs -- Without the Hot Air -- a book that I enjoyed quite a bit, and I hope one from which I learned quite a bit, too. For my next reading trick, well, I am not quite ready to commit to anything concrete, but I think I will tackle a book on prostitution policy.

No comments:

Post a Comment