Sunday, June 19, 2011

Draft Four, Requisite Apology

The apology for Draft Three applies as well to Draft Four: it is late, and it is not all that I wanted it to be. Deleted between Draft Three and Draft Four were the erstwhile sections on Portugal, California's marijuana legalization initiative, and positive and negative licensing. Added to Draft Four is a new and very raw section, now section 5, clumsily entitled "A Closer Look at a Small Subset of Complicated Issues." (There are currently six such complicated issues.) The useless Table in the Appendix is still in place, but unlikely to survive the next culling. I still intend to replace it with a couple of charts that outline suggested legal regimes for cannabis and opiates.

Draft Four contains 9,531 choice words. As I will have to flesh out the new section somewhat, and provide that appendix, I will be up against the 10,000 word constraint for Draft Five. I think the word limit will prove helpful (surely to the reader!), as the current draft still does not cohere and flow like I would like it to.

No comments:

Post a Comment